Merit Tree Injection
What is MERIT® Tree Injection?
Merit is based on insecticide Imidacloprid used to help control pests and insects on trees. It is applied through soil injections or by a large “pointed feeder syringe” whereby merit is injected into the ground where the roots can absorb the nutrients and minerals and push them to the leaves. Merit injection can control insects up to one year.
- Provides long residual control of major ornamental insect pests for up to 6 months or longer (one application per season).
- Controls pests Adelgids, Aphids, Black vine weevil larvae (Merit Only), Japanese beetles, Lace bugs, Leaf beetles (including elm and viburnum leaf beetles), Leaf hoppers (including glassy-winged sharpshooter),Mealy bugs, Psyllids, Scales, Tip moths, White flies.
- Kills borers,including Emerald Ash Borer and Asian longhorned beetles.
- Also kills adelgids, miners, whitefly, scale, beetles, weevils and more. Merit is taken up by the plants root system so it is absorbed faster to protect & increase new growth.
- Produces long term results on the vitality and growth of plants and trees.
- Safe for the environment.
When should MERIT® Tree Injection be used?
Depending on insects being treated Merit must be applied two to four months prior to emergence of insects but can have a one to two year residual effect. Soil injection is a great method where overspray could be a problem. Ideally, Merit injection can be applied from early spring through late fall or as long as the ground is not frozen.
How does MERIT® Tree Injection work?
Merit Tree Injection insecticide is systematically translocated when injected into the trunk or root flare of the tree. Its active ingredient is a chloronicotinyl insecticide that interferes with nerve impulses and disrupts insect behaviour. Pests stop feeding, stop reproducing and eventually die. fertilizer is injected below the roots of the surface vegetation to provide maximum benefit to the slightly deeper roots of the trees and shrubs.
How TREE-TECH can help?
TREE-TECH is a full service tree care firm that sets the standard of beauty, quality and professionalism in New Jersey for over 27 years. It provides a complete range of tree-related services, including general pruning & shaping, tree removal, deep root fertilization for trees & plants and insects & disease control. TREE-TECH uses MERIT® by Bayer that provides year long control of most insects. TREE-TECH chooses MERIT® Tree Injection insecticide because it contains 17.1% active ingredients more than other injectable insecticides. So, you get more for your money—and faster, more efficient application, too!
MERIT® is made by Bayer Environmental Science. It contains a higher concentration of imidacloprid, the active ingredient, with less volume to improve operational efficiency for controlling pest infestations. Because it can be injected directly into the tree trunk or root flare, MERIT® can quickly move throughout the tree, providing systemic protection.
Get the Best and the most Professional Merit Tree Injection Service by Tree Experts of TREE-TECH NJ at a reasonable cost!
Please see our on-site service gallery, provided by skilled professionals and certified tree experts of TREE-TECH in New Jersey NJ areas i.e Bernardsville, West Orange, Princeton, New Vernon, Scotch Plains, Newark, Red Bank, Randolph & Oradell.